Happy New Year to you all.
Well that didn’t quite go as planned but then it did. Part 2
New year’s day take it easy.
What actually happened.
1.Maddie woke up with a little cold and spend most of the day indeed taking it easy however her blood pressure even after sleeping most of the day was around 140/90 so in the evening we made the decision to travel to the hospital in Denpasar. By the time we got there her blood pressure was 170/120!!!
2. Spent the evening hooked up to monitors tubes and cables.
3. Doctors said baby was starting to feel stressed…no sh#t Sherlock blood pressure of 170/120 not surprising. I was even feeling stressed. Decisions needed to be made and the original idea of singing midwives welcoming Archie into the world with flowers and smiles were vanishing into the distance as quick as my beer does on a Saturday night to be replaced with bright lights and masks. The midwives here at Bali Royal hospital are however lovey and there is much love here albeit wearing surgical swabs.
4. Decided to stay the night for observation. Booked into a room but never made it there as Maddies’ BP was through the roof so stayed in the ward near the nurses. I slept (kind of) in a bed that a mother had just given birth in while Maddie snoozed hooked up to a starship control centre.
5. Morning arrived, doctor arrived, decisions arrived. Induce was the first recommendation, Cesarean was in the end, after checking Maddie’s girlie bits, the only wise option. So countless forms were signed countless prayers said and Maddie was in no time at all whisked off to the operating room looking splendid in her surgical hair net. As here in Indonesia family members are not allowed in the operating room I had to kiss Maddie good luck and went to the pub ;-)
6. 45 minutes later or to be more precise 2 beers and a chaser later I’m back in hospital relived to be talking to Maddie and welcoming Archie into the world.
So here he is Archie Wayan Mohammed arrived 13.17pm 2/1/16 weighing 2.9kg (6lbs 6oz)
Ps. I never went down the pub ;-)